What Is The Membee User Group?
The Membee User Group is a self-organized and self-run group that meets once a year in the spring to share best practices, ideas and to network with other Membee users. In addition, they also have formed and maintain a Facebook group.
Past meetings have included sessions that provided participants with:
- An opportunity to network and share best practice information with their peers in other non-profit organizations of all types. The best practice information has saved staff time and provided innovative ideas using Membee for generating income.
- Training on new and coming enhancements to Membee. The participants often receive training on things that haven’t even made their way into the production version of the software yet. This provides a great opportunity to “hit the ground” running when the new features are released!
- A chance to provide face to face feedback to Membee staff. They tell us what is important to them, discuss great ideas for new features, and offer constructive criticism. These sessions are the part that we like the most! Many of the ideas generated by this group have already found their way into Membee.
- Sneak peeks at the new things our developers are working on and reviews of significant recent improvements they may have missed.
Although Membee does not run this group, we have worked in partnership with the volunteer chairman, Kathryn Newell, for a number of years. It's a wonderful group of experienced users and we highly recommend that all our users join the group.
Joining is Easy!
To be included all you need to do is visit the group by clicking here and request to join.
What Past Attendees Have To Say
“ I attended last year’s Membee Users Group, and found it to be a great experience. We had implemented Membee in our Chamber effective June 1st of that year, so I was completely new and feeling a bit overwhelmed. The conference provided me with practical information, access to experts, and a better understanding of what the software can do and how best to use it. Even more valuable was the interaction with the other users in the room – they were all very supportive and shared their challenges, best practices, ideas and tips for how to make the most of Membee with your organization. ”
Anna Murre - Executive Director, Lincoln Chamber of Commerce
"I look forward to attending this conference every year. It is extremely helpful being able to connect with other Membee users, find out what is happening behind the scenes, have a chance to ask questions and give suggestions on what we would like to see changed/improved and of course to get to spend some time with the Membee staff! While all the information covered does not necessarily apply to my Association and how we use Membee, I still wouldn't miss this incredible opportunity to learn and explore."
Jodie Whitley - Canadian Reiki Association
"After attending the Membee conference last year I had a better understanding of Membee. We had only been using Membee for a little over 4 months at the time of conference. It was great to see other chambers in our area that use Membee as well that I knew we could call on them if needed. I learned at great deal and liked the fact that Membee takes time time to ask what our wish list is for the program. I would like to attend the conference again this year since I know we are still not using Membee to it's full potential and want to learn more. "
Kim Whitehead - General Manager, Woodstock District Chamber of Commerce
"For me, the best benefit was the direct contact with the Membee Help Desk Personnel. Being able to directly ask questions relating to our specific membership needs was invaluable. By attending the meeting, it absolutely allowed us to use Membee better. The hints and tips provided by the staff as well as other users were fantastic. After implementing the things we learned and discussed, certain items such as event planning have been streamlined and made more user-friendly. The meeting is an excellent opportunity to meet other Membee users and Membee staff to discuss common issues, ideas, and to learn about future upgrades to the user system"
Nicole Bond - Membership & Registration Coordinator, Interferry
"I highly recommend the Membee User Group meeting to any experienced users of Membee - or those who would consider it an integral part of their position. The User Group not only allows you to connect with Membee staff and the developers to learn new features, give your input and seek help in problem areas your organization is experiencing - it is also great to connect with other like-minded organizations and users of Membee. Both of these elements combined have allowed me to learn new features and enhance my current user experience. I am definitely planning on attending again next year and brining some co-workers who use Membee on a daily basis to ensure our organization is up to date and getting the most out of Membee."
Amanda Derksen - Event Specialist, Guelph Chamber of Commerce
"By attending the conference, you have an opportunity to share your experiences with the other users and an opportunity to bring new ideas and/or suggestions to the table that may benefit all users in the future. It is great for networking and meet other users, learn a few new tricks and also meet the team behind the scenes that supports all of us on our daily activities."
Sandra Raposo - Finance Lead, Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce
"Thank you on behalf of Zzeem - Association management company – for the help and support that Membee team provided us at 2018 Users Group Meeting in Burlington. Online Event Registration discussion was very beneficial. We significantly improved our event registration process!"
Tania Renzhiglova - Manager, Alberta Sign Association
Recap Of The Past Conferences
Membee attends these meetings and we love to recap it in our blog, here's a link to some of the highlights:
- Users Group Conference in 2018
- Membee Users Group Conference 2017
- Breaking News As Largest Membee User Group Convenes
- This Membee Users Group Rocks!
- Membee Users Gather in Ontario
- Another Successful User Group Meeting
- Membee Users Meet to Compare Notes
- Membee Users Gain Inside Track
- Planes Trains and Automobiles
- Membee Exchange of Ideas at the Membee User's Group