Welcome to Membee! You’ll find a description of all the details for the steps in your implementation of Membee below.
Table of Contents
You will be booked in for a Planning Call during the initial call with your implementation Coordinator.
The planning call is where you and your implementation coordinator will do a very detailed review with you of both your data and the processes you have in place for things such as renewal, new member sign-up etc.
You should plan for the call to take up to 90 minutes.
To proceed with the call you’ll need to be ready with the following:
- A copy of your data that you would like to import in a single spreadsheet
- Do not worry about how the data is formatted, we’ll review the data with you during this call and provide you with specific instructions on what you will need to do in order to get the data ready
- If you are working with multiple spreadsheets or are exporting the information from a current system and aren’t able to combine the information into a single spreadsheet prior to the call that’s OK! We’ll go over the data with you and help you come up with a plan on how to get it ready for import.
- You will have received the form we need sent back into Membee prior to your call, however if you are unable to fax it back prior to this call we’ll collect it from you during the call.
- How far in advance of a member’s expiry do you send renewal notices
- How often and when do you send reminders
- At what point is a membership cancelled - how “overdue” does a member need to be
- Please Click Here to see the list of providers supported by Membee along with details on how to set up an account.
- Setting up a payment gateway provider can take a couple of weeks, so we highly recommend that you select a provider and begin on the set up right away - do no wait for the planning call.
- If you need to work with someone else, what their schedule is like (so we can work in how long they may need to have to set up pages for Membee's features - which involves setting up a page and copying and pasting some code I will provide).
At the end of the call we’ll book in the “Implementation Day” (see below) and follow up with an email detailing the information that we’ll need (including things such as what you’ll need to do to get your data ready, information for setting up Membee’s features on your site etc.)
This is the day that we will complete the work including:
- Importing your data into Membee
- Doing the initial configuration for the features that you will be implementing.
A number of factors go into determining this day, including things such as how long you’ll need to get your data ready, what stage you are at for setting up a payment gateway (if needed) etc.
This day is booked at the end of your Planning Call (see above), but generally speaking this tends to be about a week to 10 days after the planning call.
On this day you will need to be highly available in case we need to call you to clarify anything as we work on setting the system up. So it’s very important that this be booked on a day that you will be there!
Once the data is imported and the configuration has been done on the features, we will send you an email with the instructions on what you need to do to check the setup.
Going live means
- Membee is ready to start sending renewal notices and will send any that are due
- Membee will send out an email to your members so that they can set up their passwords and log in (this allows them to do things such as update their member information with you)
- All of Membee's online features are ready to go live on your website.
You will need to
- Make sure the pages for any of the features (ex. Member Directory, Events Calendar, new member sign-up form(s) etc.) are live on your site
- Meaning that they are “linked”up so people can find them
- Accesible - they aren’t in a draft or un-published mode
This is booked two business days after your “Implementation Day” Membee
Implementation Follow Up
This is our final call to go over the implementation and make sure that you have everything you need to be successful.
This is booked in two business days after you go live. During this one hour phone call we will
- Go over any questions you have following the launch
- Make sure you have what you need to get started and that you aren't "stuck" on anything
- Review with you how to access help
After this call your implementation is complete! You'll now have full access to our fantastic client support team who will be there to support you as you start using Membee
It is very important to us that you aren't stuck on anything at all in Membee as you get started!
Although you will have full access to our client services team who can help you out whenever you need it, your Implementation Coordinator will also personally follow up with you a few times over the month following the day you took Membee live to make sure that everything is going great!