We support the most current versions of the following browsers for Membee:
|Operating System||Edge||IE 11||Firefox||Chrome||Safari|
Microsoft only supports IE11 and newer (Edge). For the details regarding the removal of Microsoft's support for all versions of Internet Explorer prior to IE11, please click here.
While the Membee interface is cross-browser compatible, the complexity of this interface requires much testing and may present an issue occasionally. We are committed to solving browser incompatibility issues that require small adjustments through to issues that may require a complete redesign of a feature. It is very important to us that your staff is able to continue their work in the supported browsers and that your members are able to use any of the major browsers they desire.
If you experience slowness or issues while working in Membee, see the settings section(s) for troubleshooting tips.
Troubleshooting & FAQs
- I cannot copy and paste in Firefox
- The currency of the financials is not displaying in "$"
- Cannot open the pdf report in Chrome
- I'm not able to do things such as add merge fields, add images etc
Browser support is provided only for the most current versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari. Generally, your should be able to use any of the browsers "out of the box", but there are many different ways to configure your computer and network. Settings in your browser, on add-ins and toolbars (such as a Google toolbar), and your internal security and firewall can all affect how information is displayed and how the software works.
Official browser support is provided only for the most current browser versions
- To download the current version of Google Chrome, Click Here
- To download the current version of Firefox, Click Here
- To download the current version of Edge, Click Here
- To download the current version of Internet Explorer, Click Here
- To download the current version of Safari, Click Here
Membee's features are designed for and tested with the most recent versions of all the major browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE and Safari) using those browser's default settings.
Cookies are extremely important for all of Membee's features and internet browsing in general. Cookies are used to store information about the website visitor, which would include information to let the site know that the user has logged in. Without the use of a cookie, the site cannot tell if the visitor has access to the page they are trying to see - your site has no idea if the visitor is logged in and can't send them to the login page to do so if they aren't.
As all of Membee's features (ex. login, events, directory etc) are displayed using an iframe, they are considered to be a third party. As a result the cookies these features create (to do things such as determine if you are logged in or if you need to be sent to the login page) are seen as a third party cookie. If your user has blocked third party cookies the page does not have what it needs in order to display information and as a result you run into an error.
I cannot copy and paste using right click in Firefox.
With Firefox, it turns off the ability to use right click to copy and paste. This is essentially a security measure that Firefox which prevents this capability. To copy and paste in Firefox, you would need to utilize the keyboard short cuts to cut, copy and paste. Here are the keyboard short cuts to use when copy, paste, and cut with Firefox:
Keyboard Shortcut for Copy
- PC: Ctrl + C
- Mac: Command + C
Keyboard Shortcut for Paste
- PC: Ctrl + V
- Mac: Command + V
Keyboard Shortcut for Cut
- PC: Ctrl + X
- Mac: Command + X
The currency of the financials is not displaying in "$"
With the currency that is displayed in Membee, Membee will display the currency based on the language that is set in your browser. For example, the currency in the Financials are displaying in £ instead of $, the language setting in your browser is set to "English - United Kingdom" instead of "English - United States" or "English - Canada".
Here's some links to help change the language setting for the major browsers:
- Internet Explorer:
- Google Chrome:
- In Google Chrome, if you have the Language of English (United States) or English (Canada) listed in the settings and the currency is not showing in "$", it could be the order in which the language list is set.
- In Chrome, go to your settings
- Under Languages, click "Language and input settings"
- Click and drag the English (United States) to the top of the list
- Click Done
I cannot open a pdf in Chrome
When you click on the pdf icon on any report in Chrome and you cannot view the pdf without downloading it first, it's a setting inside your browser that is set. Much like other browsers, when you click the pdf it prompts with whether or not you want to download/save the file or open the file. You can set this in Chrome by:
In Chrome, click the "3 bar" icon in the top right corner
Click on "Settings"
- Click on "Show advanced settings..." under "Default Browser"
- Under "Privacy" click "Content Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Automatic Downloads" and select "Ask me when a site tries to download files automatically after the first file (recommended)
- Click Done
I'm not able to do things such as add merge fields, add images etc
You are most likely using IE and have the compatibility settings set. To change this:
- Press the Alt key to display the menu bar.
- Click the Tools menu and choose Compatibility View Settings.
- From the list of "Websites you've added to Compatibility View", highlight membee.com or other website you wish to remove.
- Click Remove.