Table of Contents
- What is Membee?
- Can Members and Anonymous Site Visitors Use Membee?
- How to Get Membee Features on Your Client's Site
- What Membee Features Are Common on a Client Organization's Website?
- Commonly Asked Questions
What is Membee?
Membee is a web-based membership management system designed to permit client organizations to manage their membership base in a professional and efficient manner.
Can Members and Anonymous Site Visitors Use Membee?
Yes. Membee's Widgets are almost always placed on public pages. When a "members only" feature such as member event pricing or the member's Profile is accessed, Membee will prompt the site visitor to login. This allows powerful flexibility in that information in the Widgets can be visible to anonymous site visitors such as the event's description while access to members only features can be restricted.
How to Get Membee Features on Your Client's Site
Membee uses a "Widget" driven model. Membee's Widgets are iFrames that provide all our advanced functionality in a simple copy and paste format. In general, the widget is configured in Membee and will generate a script that you use to display the widget on a webpage.
All you need to do is copy the script from Membee and paste it onto a page on your site - Membee does the rest.
Minimum Content Area Width
You should allow for a displayable content area width of 630 pixels in the template for a page where you plan to embed a Membee feature. Once the widget is embedded, the feature can be revised in Membee without the need to re-embed the widget in the site. For example, a decision to allow a member to update a new field in their member profile is a simple process of exposing that field to the member by changing a setting in Membee.
Override Membee's Default CSS to Match Your Site
We also expose the CSS in each widget so you can customize them to match your client's website. Once your client has subscribed to Membee, they'll be able to give you login credentials so that you can view our help document on how to customize customize the styles.
What Membee Features Are Common on a Client Organization's Website?
Membee's Events functionality is designed to make event registration really easy for both members and non-members.
Membee users also have the option to open a small "Online Store" using Membee's Event's widget.
Online event display and registration
The Events feature also gives users the option to
- Event Feed(s) - create events in Membee and have them automatically listed on the client organization's site with a link to full event details and registration
You can create unlimited searchable member directories and within any directory a member can have multiple listings.
Create Public or Private “Members Only” Directories:
If your organization has a mandate to promote its membership then you are going to want to make your member directory(s) public so they are easy to get to. With the checking of a checkbox inside the widget, Membee’s directories can require member login before they can be accessed. This makes you member directory a true “members only” benefit since only members can search it and contact fellow members.
Tight integration with Google Maps allows the directory to instantly generate a map listing all members returned in search results.
Searchable Member Directories
- Special offer Feed(s) - members can provide special offers as a component of their listings in Membee's member directories. This feed pulls all of those special offers into a concise rotating list of special offers that can be placed anywhere in the client organization's site - typically in sidebars. A click on the special offer takes the site visitor to the member's directory listing and the full details of the special offer. A member "referral" stat is automatically trapped by Membee.
- Sponsored Listing Feed(s) - A keyword can be assigned to each member listing. This marks the listing as being a "Sponsored" listing. For example, if you assigned the keyword "Bank" to a listing that listing is now a sponsored listed. The sponsored listing feed includes all listings that have been assigned a keyword.
- Featured Listing Feed(s) - any member directory listing can be designated as "featured" often to further reward a member for other contributions such as financial sponsorship. Such listings are emphasized whenever they are returned in search results. This feed allows a client to place a list of featured listings anywhere on their site to further promote such members.
- New Member Feed(s) - when a new member is created in Membee' this feed automatically displays a rotating list of new members. Settings in the feed determine how long a new member is listed.
New Member Signup
New member application form integrated with Membee to allow new members to sign up online and upon acceptance create the record for the user in Membee
With Membee's login capabilities organizations members are able to login from the organizations website.
Literally, every field in Membee is available on the member profile so you have field-by-field control over which fields you allow a member to see and which fields you allow them to update. Membee’s Card Vault feature makes it easy for you to permit members to store and reuse their credit card.
Financial Setup and Processes
Use Membee to collect membership renewals and event registrations with Membee.
Setting Up eBilling -
Can I Secure Other Content & Features on My Site Using Membee-Managed Usernames and Passwords?
The plugin's purpose is remove the hassle and additional work related with managing member access (activating/deactivating login access, controlling which members see what content). Once you have the plugin working, you're done and from there, you manage your members in Membee knowing that the member's access to content is managed via the plugin WITHOUT additional effort on your part. While the plugin synchronizes a member's access to your WordPress site content, it does not provide the ability for you to designate on a page-by-page basis which members can see which pages. Thankfully, there is a plugin for that! :-) You can find the information on how this is implemented by clicking here.
Other CMS Systems
Commonly Asked Questions